I finally found a copy of Nan Shepherd’s poetry book.
My workshop is non functional until we are done with repairs from the sewer backup. I’m trying to see the positive, I think the end result will be a better basement. But it is hard while things are in flux, while demolition is occurring.
I finally have my workshop set up the way I want, with enough shelves. Now I may have to put it in storage due to a sewage leak. The leak has been fixed, the tools and leather are fine, but the flooring may need to be replaced. That is the flooring my step father installed with a little help from me. I hate to see his hard work removed.
I’ve had these jeans for five years. I repaired the crotch, rebuilt the pockets, patched the top button with leather, and now patched the knee with indigo dyed fabric and sashiko thread.
Hiking shoes, version 2. My trail runners were sacrificed to make the pattern. The vintage last worked better than the plaster ones I have been using, I now need to get more.
The real test will be this weekend, when I can get out for a hike.
I got a pair of “ventile” pants from Wings + Horns. I have some actual Ventile from an aborted attempt to make cloth shoes, so I noticed some differences in look and feel. While Ventile is a plain weave, the W+H pants have a herringbone pattern. The W+H pants don’t have the same kind of water resistance as Ventile, they behave more like cotton with a wash in DWR finish. I decided they would be more useful with some of my Ventile added as patches. Now they are more useful for walking in wet weather.